RUN – Recovered Users Network
RUN – Recovered Users Network is an initiative established by the European umbrella organization – Europe for action on drugs (EURAD), therapeutic community San Patrignano (Italy), NGO Celebrate Recovery (Bosnia and Herzegovina) and NGO Izlazak/Exodus (Serbia).
Membership in RUN is free and there are currently 67 member organizations. How to become a member of RUN? How to become a member of RUN?
The vision of RUN is to raise the voice for the recovery movement, by contributing to constructive and respectful drug policies, for individuals, families and communities.
The mission of RUN is to be a network which acts as a voice for recovered drug users in order to promote and share experience of recovery, on both, political and practical level.
On the political level, RUN will:
• Seek to give a political voice to recovered drug users and their organisations
• Advocate for recovery-oriented policies in International, European and national political forums
• Demonstrate how recovery can counteract the wider harm caused by drug use, to individuals, families and communities
On the practical level, RUN will:
• Provide a platform for recovered users to become advocates showing that recovery is possible
• Promote the social integration of recovered drug users in areas such as employment, housing and health
• Promote recovery as a viable and sustainable option, for both, the individual and for society
• Exchange experiences across organisations which can lead to development of better programmes for recovering and recovered drug users
Developed by SmartLab – Sarajevo © 2020